Would you like to try fixing your air conditioning yourself? Try out these easy fixes first.
There aren’t many things worse than you’re AC not working in the middle of summer. When it goes down, you want it back up and running quickly, so try out these simple tricks…and if they don’t work, then you can call a licensed professional.
1) Check to make sure your thermostat is set correctly. I know you would never forget that, but a lot of people forget to switch from Heating to AC after winter.
2) Change your air filter. If you don’t know what that is or how to do it, try calling a friend or a licensed pro if needed.
3) Make sure all of your vents are opened and that they’re not being blocked by furniture or boxes.
4) Check your breaker panel and follow the same process as changing your air filter.
5) Check your outdoor condensing unit to see if it looks dirty or is covered with grass or debris. For it to work properly, it needs airflow. If it’s quite dirty, then you should call someone in to get it cleaned…be careful with this as there’s high-voltage electricity going into it.
6) Close all of your windows, doors, and curtains or blinds because it’s possible that your system is running but just can’t keep up with the heat load. Keeping as much heat out of your home as possible will help your unit run more efficiently and also keep you more comfortable.
At Phyxter, we know how frustrating it can be when your air conditioning isn’t working. We always like to help where we can, so feel free to reach out, and we’ll help you find a trusted, licensed, insured, and experienced HVAC company in your area.
If you enjoyed this article, make sure to like it or share it with your friends.